Kingston Wheelers CC is one of the largest cycling clubs in the region and our membership has been steadily growing year-on-year for many years now. As of October 2014, in an effort to reduce the amount of work required by volunteers within the club and to reduce some of the problems we have experienced, we decided to limit the number of members in our club to its current level of approximately 600.
All riders wishing to join are required to attend a "Newbie Club Run", a Club Run for new joiners. These usually take place on the first Sunday of each month, come rain or shine, at the junction of Portsmouth Road and Brighton Road in Surbiton, in the car park of the Laithwaites wine shop. To join on a "Newbie Club Run" please contact us to register your interest and you will be given details on what is expected and if you are able to attend. Please read the FAQ's to make sure you are comfortable riding with us.
If you would like to join, please Contact Us (via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right hand side of each page on our website) to arrange your spot on the next available newbie ride. If you enjoy your first ride with us, we will add you to a waiting list and contact you when a space becomes available. You can then sign up and join the club.
When registering your interest please let us know if you are under-18 as you will be required to fill in a consent form and if you are under 16 you will need a ride guardian. Please see the FAQ's for all the details.
What Do You Get?
Kingston Wheelers Cycling Club provide a lot of different events and services for it's membership. These different events are run by the members themselves so whilst a lot is provided, please remember that it is part of the members terms that everyone has to help the club out in whatever way they can. Please see the volunteering section and the membership terms and club rules before joining us, we want members to be fully involved with all aspect of the club and not just follow a ride on Sunday morning.
- Join us on every club run and other regular rides during the week.
- Discover new routes, new hills and new places.
- This website and the club's online forum.
- Pro-team quality cycling kit at subsidised prices.
- Annual Club TT Series.
- Annual Club Road Race Championship.
- Hosting various events for the members such as skills and track days.
- Hosting road races, TT's and hill climb events for the cycling community.
- Club socials and weekly pub nights.
- Club trips abroad with other members.
- The chance to race competitively as part of a team.
- Subsidised race entry fees.
- Lift-sharing to races and other events.
- Hours of cycling fun with some really friendly people.
A current member is able to renew their membership per year but we ask that *new joiners sign up for two years so that we hopefully get a commitment they want to join the club and all it's offerings. The membership year starts when you sign up and runs for a full year.
|1 Year Full Membership||£30|
|2 Year Full Membership*||£60|
|3 Year Full Membership||£75|
|1 Year Student / Junior / Second Claim||£20|