A small but growing group of Wheelers like going for long-distance (200 km+) bike rides, and we are now beginning to organise a programme of such rides with local starts. These rides are organised under Audax UK rules, the most important of which are the maximum and minimum speeds to complete an event – most commonly 15-30 km/h (9-18mph). So you certainly don’t have to be a fast rider to complete an Audax event.
You can find out more general information about Audax on the comprehensive Audax UK website together with a calendar of upcoming events all around the country.
We will run our first Super Randonneur (SR) series of rides, consisting of 200, 300, 400 and 600 km events. Any rider completing at least one of each distance in a single season gains the Super Randonneur award. By popular demand we’ll also repeat the Rowlands RAAAmble.
• Gently Bentley 200: Sunday, March 18, 2018 details and entries here
• Amesbury Amble 300: Saturday, April 14, 2018 details and entries here
• Dauntsey Dawdle 400: Saturday, May 19, 2018 details and entries here
• Wander Wye 600: Saturday, June 16, 2018 details and entries here
• Rowlands RAAAmble 200: Sunday, September 16, 2018 details and entries here
We plan to run another SR series in 2019. Riders completing all four will qualify to enter Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) in August 2019, the legendary 1,200 km event run every four years by Audax Club Parisien.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.