2021 KW Audax Rides Schedule, covid permitting…
The KW Audax Chapter is planning monthly rides from March through to October, building up to an epic flagship new 1,000 km event in July down to Land’s End and back, please click the ride links for further details and how to enter:
· Sun 14 Mar – Gently Bentley 200km
· Sat 17 Apr – Amesbury Amble 300km
· Sat 15 May – Dauntsey Dawdle 400km
· Sat 12 Jun – Wander Wye 600km
· Wed 7 Jul – London – Land’s End – London 1,000km
· Sun 15 Aug – Rowlands Ramble 200km
· Sat 11 Sep – Fifth Continent 300 km to celebrate 100 years of audax!
· Sun 3 Oct – Brace of Bramleys 200 km
A controversial topic! Mudguards are no longer essential on Audax rides, but they are encouraged – and to beautify and improve their efficiency we recommend the addition of our limited edition KWAC mudflaps! Purchase here
£1,700 cancelled ride entry fees donated to charity
We had to cancel five of our planned rides in 2020 due to covid. We offered riders the choice of entry fee refund less the PayPal fee, or donate to our chosen charities. We are delighted and touched that most chose the latter, and we have therefore donated the totality of entry fees from the cancelled rides to Kingston Hospital, RoadPeace, Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust and the Cyclists Defence Fund.
Audax UK is the long distance cyclists’ association. These 200 km+ rides are organised under Audax UK rules. Maximum and minimum speeds are usually 15-30 km/h (approx. 9-18 mph), so you don’t have to be a fast rider to complete an Audax event, but it’s important to note that these average speeds include any time off the bike for eating/sleeping etc. You can find out more general information on the comprehensive Audax UK website together with a calendar of upcoming events all around the country.
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Audax. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.